Assembling a Metal Shed
Skill Level – Competent DIYer with a good selection of tools, patience and time
Erecting a metal shed well is the key to both its appearance but also its longevity. You must read thoroughly the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before you erect the shed.
- Check the forecast; do not attempt to erect a metal shed in a force 9. Pick a clear dry day if you can! The panels can be big and cumbersome
- Get you mates round. The more the merrier, supply them with tea coffee and biscuits to ensure they stay for the entirety of the shed assembly, especially the roof
- Get the roof on as soon as you can to stabilize the structure
We would always recommend you buy the anchor kits with the shed to ensure a good fitting shed.
- Give yourself between 1-3 days for a shed and between 3-6 days for a large shed or garage
- Be prepared to adjust some elements for the shed on assembly as it is metal and unless you are in a laboratory it will need a little adjusting and fettling.
- For added waterproofing add silicon sealant on the inside around all of the joints
Metal and Steel Shed Checklist;
- Anchor Kit
- 2 trestle tables
- Assembly tools
- Dry ‘Non windy’ Day
- Tea, Coffee and Biscuits
- Good Level concrete base